Our cooling pouches can be simply activated by immersing in cold water. No need for ice packs or batteries!
1. Immerse the inner pouch, containing the crystals, into cold water to soak. Soaking time depends on the size of pouch - see guide below for soaking times:
- Glucology Medium Vials Pouch - 8-10 minutes
- Glucology Large Pen Pouch - 8-10 minutes
- Glucology XL Pen Pouch - 12 minutes
- Glucology Zip Wallet- 12 minutes
If the pouch is over-soaked and wet, simply allow the pouch to dry naturally and try again.
2. While soaking, make sure crystals are spready evenly inside the pouch. On soaking, the crystals will form a gel that fills the panels.
3. Remove pouch from soaking water, place on a flat surface and allow to drain for 5 minutes. In this time the gel will absorb any excess moisture from the fabric.
4. Gently dry the cooler bag using tissues or a towel.
5. When mostly dry, place medication inside the soaked inner pouch, then place this pouch inside the outer cover. For continuous protection, re-immerse in water every 36hrs of sooner if gel begins to return to crystal form.
6. When in continuous use, 2-3 minutes of immerse in water is sufficient.