This is a delicious snack that is relatively high in both protein and fibre. Our two tips for making this recipe are that the chickpeas need to be as dry as possible and do not add the spice mix until after roasting. If you don’t like our spice combination feel free to try your own and let us know in the comments below!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 400g chickpeas (1 can), rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon parmesan, grated
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Pat chickpeas dry with paper towel. Spread the chickpeas out on a piece of baking paper or on a baking tray and allow to dry, discarding any loose skin
- Place chickpeas, olive oil and salt in a medium-sized bowl and mix gently with a wooden spoon
- Spread chickpeas on a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes. Then turn the chickpeas and roast for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown
- In a medium-sized bowl combine all the topping ingredients (parmesan, lemon zest, garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper and cayenne pepper)
- Pour chickpeas into the topping mixture and toss well
- Serve immediately or allow to cool. Store in an airtight container
Per Serve: 415 kJ, carbohydrates 12g, protein 4g, total fat 4g (sat. fat 1g), sodium 253mg, fibre 4g, sugar 3g
Glucology Store was born in Sydney Australia. Our mission is to help improve the lives of people living with diabetes by providing the best possible support products and information.
*Disclaimer: This email and its recipes are produced for informational purposes only. This website is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. Content should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, expertise or treatment. The reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional regarding health conditions or concerns, and before starting a new health program or diet. The writer(s) and publisher(s) of this site are not responsible for adverse reactions, effects, or consequences resulting from the use of any suggestions or recipes herein or procedures undertaken hereafter. This nutritional information comes from online calculators. IBD Medical attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, figures like estimated nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, calories, fat, carbs, etc. are provided as a courtesy and are not guaranteed to be accurate. The reader is solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate. IBD Medical is not responsible for adverse reactions, consequences or effects, resulting from the use of any recipes or suggestions herein, or procedures undertaken hereafter. This email is not intended as nutritional advice and readers of this website are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to their health. Customers concerned with food allergies need to be aware of the particular ingredients that are used in recipes.