Elevate your dinner with the refreshing flavors of our Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles, a quick and diabetes-friendly recipe. This dish brings together succulent shrimp, vibrant zucchini noodles, and a burst of citrusy goodness for a light and satisfying meal. Embrace the simplicity of this recipe, perfect for busy days when you crave a healthy and delicious option without compromising on taste.
Number of Servings: 4
Nutrition Information (per serving):
Calories: Approximately 250 kcal
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Sodium: 200mg (may vary based on added salt)
Vitamin C: 40% DV
Calcium: 10% DV
Iron: 2% DV
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralled into noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
Prepare Zucchini Noodles:
- Use a spiraliser to turn the zucchini into noodles. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add shrimp to the skillet, season with salt, pepper, and dried oregano.
- Cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side or until they turn pink and opaque.
Add Zucchini Noodles:
- Toss the zucchini noodles into the skillet with the cooked shrimp.
- Sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes until the zucchini noodles are just tender.
Add Lemon Flavour:
- Drizzle fresh lemon juice over the shrimp and zucchini noodles.
- Add lemon zest and toss to coat evenly.
Garnish and Serve:
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley for garnish.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy this light and flavourful Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles!
The content of this Website or Blog is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this Website or Blog.
If you think you may have a medical emergency, call 911 (in the US) or 000 (in Australia) immediately, call your doctor, or go to the emergency room/urgent care.
*Disclaimer: This email and its recipes are produced for informational purposes only. This website is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. Content should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, expertise or treatment. The reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional regarding health conditions or concerns, and before starting a new health program or diet. The writer(s) and publisher(s) of this site are not responsible for adverse reactions, effects, or consequences resulting from the use of any suggestions or recipes herein or procedures undertaken hereafter. This nutritional information comes from online calculators. IBD Medical attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, figures like estimated nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, calories, fat, carbs, etc. are provided as a courtesy and are not guaranteed to be accurate. The reader is solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate. IBD Medical is not responsible for adverse reactions, consequences or effects, resulting from the use of any recipes or suggestions herein, or procedures undertaken hereafter. This email is not intended as nutritional advice and readers of this website are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to their health. Customers concerned with food allergies need to be aware of the particular ingredients that are used in recipes.