This is a low-fat twist on traditional French toast. Making it perfect for Sunday breakfast or brunch. This delicious and sweet breakfast is one of our favourite breakfast. If you want a lower calorie alternative, serve without the ricotta or cottage cheese.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 4 slices wholegrain or wholemeal bread
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup low fat milk
- Spray cooking oil
- 250g low fat ricotta or cottage cheese
- 250g fresh strawberries, sliced
- Ground cinnamon
- Select two bowls that can fit half a slice of bread lying flat. Pour the low-fat milk into one of the bowls. Whisk the eggs in the other bowl.
- Lightly spray a deep-frying pan with cooking oil and heat over a medium heat.
- Dip each slice of bread (one at a time) into the milk first, then the egg. Transfer the soaked bread to the frying pan immediately.
- Repeat with each slice until pan is full but not crowded. Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with a dollop of ricotta or cottage cheese, sliced strawberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Per Serve: 1928 kJ, carbohydrates 57.6g, protein 35.9g, total fat 10g (sat. fat 3.9g), fibre 7.9g, sodium 1097mg, carb exchanges 2 ½
Glucology Store was born in Sydney Australia. Our mission is to help improve the lives of people living with diabetes by providing the best possible support products and information.
*Disclaimer: This email and its recipes are produced for informational purposes only. This website is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. Content should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, expertise or treatment. The reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional regarding health conditions or concerns, and before starting a new health program or diet. The writer(s) and publisher(s) of this site are not responsible for adverse reactions, effects, or consequences resulting from the use of any suggestions or recipes herein or procedures undertaken hereafter. This nutritional information comes from online calculators. IBD Medical attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, figures like estimated nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, calories, fat, carbs, etc. are provided as a courtesy and are not guaranteed to be accurate. The reader is solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate. IBD Medical is not responsible for adverse reactions, consequences or effects, resulting from the use of any recipes or suggestions herein, or procedures undertaken hereafter. This email is not intended as nutritional advice and readers of this website are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to their health. Customers concerned with food allergies need to be aware of the particular ingredients that are used in recipes.