This version of Panna Cotta is made with coconut milk as a healthier (yet still delicious) alternative for cream. Passionfruits are a good source of beta-carotene, vitamin C, fibre and contain a very small amount of sugar. This is a revamped version of the classic, which is a great and healthier option.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins (plus 2 hours refrigeration)
Nutritional information (per serving)
- Energy: 583 kJ / 139 cal
- Carbohydrate: 16g
- Protein: 8g
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Fibre: 3g
- Sodium: 58g
- ¾ cup of milk
- ¼ cup reduced fat coconut milk
- ½ tbs honey
- 1 passionfruit
- ½ tsp vegetarian gelling powder
- 1½ tsp water
- Extra passionfruit (for topping)
- 2tsp desiccated coconut
- Add milk and coconut milk to a saucepan over medium heat, slowly bring to the boil.
- Once boiled, remove from heat and stir in honey and pulp of the passionfruit.
- Mix the gelling powder with water in a small bowl until dissolved. Then slowly add it to the milk, stirring well until all combined.
- Return the saucepan to the heat for 2 minutes, while continuously stirring.
- Divide the mixture into 2 glasses and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or until set).
- To serve: add the pulp of the extra passionfruit along with a tsp of desiccated coconut
Glucology was born in Sydney Australia. Our mission is to help improve the lives of people living with diabetes by providing the best possible support products and information.