A healthy and hearty meal packed with delicious vegetables. This recipe is low in carbs. However, if desired you can add some brown rice, wild rice or brown rice noodles.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 450g chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 cup white button mushrooms, diced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth, fat-free and reduced-sodium
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large soup pot. Add the chicken and sear on each side for 4 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and set aside
- Add the carrots, celery and mushrooms to the same pot and sauté for 5 minutes
- Add the remaining ingredients and add the chicken back to the pot. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred or cut up. Add the chicken back to the pot and stir
Per Serve: 481 kJ, carbohydrates 3g, protein 16g, total fat 3.5g (sat. fat 0.5g), sodium 390mg, fibre g1, sugar 2g
Glucology Store was born in Sydney Australia. Our mission is to help improve the lives of people living with diabetes by providing the best possible support products and information.
*Disclaimer: This email and its recipes are produced for informational purposes only. This website is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. Content should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, expertise or treatment. The reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional regarding health conditions or concerns, and before starting a new health program or diet. The writer(s) and publisher(s) of this site are not responsible for adverse reactions, effects, or consequences resulting from the use of any suggestions or recipes herein or procedures undertaken hereafter. This nutritional information comes from online calculators. IBD Medical attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, figures like estimated nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, calories, fat, carbs, etc. are provided as a courtesy and are not guaranteed to be accurate. The reader is solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate. IBD Medical is not responsible for adverse reactions, consequences or effects, resulting from the use of any recipes or suggestions herein, or procedures undertaken hereafter. This email is not intended as nutritional advice and readers of this website are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to their health. Customers concerned with food allergies need to be aware of the particular ingredients that are used in recipes.