Do you need a low-carb, gluten-free breakfast? This is the recipe for you. You can even make these ahead of time for a quick, easy and delicious breakfast. If cooking ahead of time, slightly undercook them so that you can reheat them later.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 6 (1 cup per serve)
- 6 slices of bacon, centre cut
- 6 large eggs
- Herbs de Provence
- 2 tablespoons parmesan, grated
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- Heat a medium-sized frying pan, pre-cook the bacon for 2-3 minutes and drain on paper towels afterwards
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Spray a 6-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Wrap a slice of bacon around the perimeter of each cup, creating rings.
- Crack an egg into each cup
- Sprinkle with Herbs de Provence, parmesan, salt and pepper
- Bake for 10 minutes. Check on the eggs, if they’re still too jiggly cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Place egg and bacon cups on a plate and sprinkle with scallions
Per Serve: 477 kJ, carbohydrates 1g, protein 9g, total fat 8g (sat. fat 3g), sodium 259mg
Glucology Store was born in Sydney Australia. Our mission is to help improve the lives of people living with diabetes by providing the best possible support products and information.
*Disclaimer: This email and its recipes are produced for informational purposes only. This website is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. Content should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, expertise or treatment. The reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional regarding health conditions or concerns, and before starting a new health program or diet. The writer(s) and publisher(s) of this site are not responsible for adverse reactions, effects, or consequences resulting from the use of any suggestions or recipes herein or procedures undertaken hereafter. This nutritional information comes from online calculators. IBD Medical attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, figures like estimated nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, calories, fat, carbs, etc. are provided as a courtesy and are not guaranteed to be accurate. The reader is solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate. IBD Medical is not responsible for adverse reactions, consequences or effects, resulting from the use of any recipes or suggestions herein, or procedures undertaken hereafter. This email is not intended as nutritional advice and readers of this website are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to their health. Customers concerned with food allergies need to be aware of the particular ingredients that are used in recipes.