Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 x 250g chicken breast fillets, halved through to make 4 thinner fillets
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 slices wholegrain bread, made into crumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, for greasing
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400g can cannellini or butter beans, rinsed and drained
- Juice of a small lemon
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 200g snow peas
Preheat oven to 180°
- Place flour in a large plastic bag, add chicken pieces and shake to coat. Dust off surplus flour.
- Dip in beaten egg and then crumbs.
- Lightly spray an oven tray or baking dish with olive oil spray and bake chicken 20 minutes, turning after 10. Do not overcook but check that chicken is not pink at all.
- To make white bean mash, heat a teaspoon of olive oil in small saucepan and saute garlic until fragrant. Add beans and cook until heated through. Mash together with lemon juice and a small amount of hot water if needed.
- Steam or microwave broccolini and snow peas until tender.
To make breadcrumbs, slowly dry bread slices in oven (20 minutes at 100 degrees) and blitz in food processor when cool
Nutritional analysis per serve:
Energy 1500kJ; Fat 9g, Saturated fat 2g; Protein 40g, Carbohydrate 25g; Fibre 8g; Sodium 350mg
Glucology Store was born in Sydney Australia. Our mission is to help improve the lives of people living with diabetes by providing the best possible support products and information.
*Disclaimer: This email and its recipes are produced for informational purposes only. This website is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. Content should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, expertise or treatment. The reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional regarding health conditions or concerns, and before starting a new health program or diet. The writer(s) and publisher(s) of this site are not responsible for adverse reactions, effects, or consequences resulting from the use of any suggestions or recipes herein or procedures undertaken hereafter. This nutritional information comes from online calculators. IBD Medical attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, figures like estimated nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, calories, fat, carbs, etc. are provided as a courtesy and are not guaranteed to be accurate. The reader is solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate. IBD Medical is not responsible for adverse reactions, consequences or effects, resulting from the use of any recipes or suggestions herein, or procedures undertaken hereafter. This email is not intended as nutritional advice and readers of this website are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to their health. Customers concerned with food allergies need to be aware of the particular ingredients that are used in recipes.