This low-fat variation on classic pancakes is scrumptious and can be eaten for breakfast or as a dessert. Blueberries are filled with antioxidants. You can also swap fresh blueberries for frozen blueberries for a cheaper alternative.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Difficulty: Fairly Easy
- 3 eggs
- 125ml apple sauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups natural yoghurt (low fat)
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 punnet fresh blueberries
- Separate the eggs and discard the egg whites from one egg
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites from two eggs with an electric mixer until soft peaks form
- Combine egg yolk, apple sauce, vanilla essence, 2 cups of the yoghurt, flour and half blueberries in a large bowl
- Fold in the egg whites in two batches
- Heat an oiled small frying pan
- Pour in ¼ cup of the batter into the pan. Cook until bubbles appear and flip the pancake until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with remaining blueberries
Per Serve: 1233 kJ, carbohydrates 46.2g, protein 17.5g, total fat 2.3g (sat. fat 0.7g), fibre 6.2g, sodium 455mg
Glucology Store was born in Sydney Australia. Our mission is to help improve the lives of people living with diabetes by providing the best possible support products and information.
*Disclaimer: This email and its recipes are produced for informational purposes only. This website is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. Content should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, expertise or treatment. The reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional regarding health conditions or concerns, and before starting a new health program or diet. The writer(s) and publisher(s) of this site are not responsible for adverse reactions, effects, or consequences resulting from the use of any suggestions or recipes herein or procedures undertaken hereafter. This nutritional information comes from online calculators. IBD Medical attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, figures like estimated nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, calories, fat, carbs, etc. are provided as a courtesy and are not guaranteed to be accurate. The reader is solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate. IBD Medical is not responsible for adverse reactions, consequences or effects, resulting from the use of any recipes or suggestions herein, or procedures undertaken hereafter. This email is not intended as nutritional advice and readers of this website are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to their health. Customers concerned with food allergies need to be aware of the particular ingredients that are used in recipes.