This easy breakfast recipe is packed with supercharged ingredients to help kick start the day! Spinach is bursting with nutrients that are beneficial for our skin, hair and bone health. It is also rich in fibre, helping it to not cause spikes in blood sugar levels. Additionally, eggs are a great source of protein and are low in carbohydrates. They are good value for money.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Difficulty: Fairly Easy
- 4 eggs
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 cup of chopped basil (plus additional for serving)
- 175g of baby spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- A pinch of freshly ground pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frypan over a medium heat
- Add tomatoes cut side down and cook for 2-3 minutes
- In a jug or small bowl, whisk the eggs, water and yoghurt
- Stir pepper and basil into the egg mixture
- Remove tomatoes from the frypan, add spinach to the frypan and stir until wilted
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a small non-stick frypan over a medium heat
- Pour egg mixture into the small frypan, stirring occasionally until scrambled
- Divide spinach and eggs between plates and top with scrambled eggs and basil
Glucology Store was born in Sydney Australia. Our mission is to help improve the lives of people living with diabetes by providing the best possible support products and information.
*Disclaimer: This email and its recipes are produced for informational purposes only. This website is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. Content should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, expertise or treatment. The reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional regarding health conditions or concerns, and before starting a new health program or diet. The writer(s) and publisher(s) of this site are not responsible for adverse reactions, effects, or consequences resulting from the use of any suggestions or recipes herein or procedures undertaken hereafter. This nutritional information comes from online calculators. IBD Medical attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, figures like estimated nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, calories, fat, carbs, etc. are provided as a courtesy and are not guaranteed to be accurate. The reader is solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate. IBD Medical is not responsible for adverse reactions, consequences or effects, resulting from the use of any recipes or suggestions herein, or procedures undertaken hereafter. This email is not intended as nutritional advice and readers of this website are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to their health. Customers concerned with food allergies need to be aware of the particular ingredients that are used in recipes.