One great thing about being in a community of like-minded people is that you can always learn so much from everyone! We’ve gathered some of our community’s most memorable advice that they’ve been given along the way of their own respective diabetes journey. Learn from other people’s experiences or share your words of wisdom by contributing to the conversation :)
Some of our favourite shares:
- While sitting in the PICU with my daughter another mother messaged me to order this book called: "Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution: the complete guide to achieving normal blood sugars" - Lisa M.
- I’ve always been taught their are people out their worse off then me. To never feel sorry for myself (which I never have in the 30 years I’ve been diabetic). To live my life and enjoy my life. Eat low carb, to always get a second opinion when your not comfortable with something (have recently learnt this and am now much better off). Be happy and do your best. - Rebecca J.
- Your son has diabetes, don’t let diabetes have your son! And I tell that to him all the time when he gets a bit overwhelmed - Lety P.
- You can still do, or be whatever you want to be.... Just not an astronaut - Desmond S.
- Your blood sugar is not “good” or “bad” it’s just a piece of data to help you make a decision - Annabelle G.
- Don’t focus on the numbers. Focus on trends