This is a lighter alternative to a traditional pound cake. It’s perfect for any occasion and an easy recipe to master.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Difficulty: Fairly Easy
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds, optional
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla Greek yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Grease a 23 x 13cm loaf pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly. Then add the eggs, one at a time, beat after each egg. Mix in oil, lemon juice, zest, vanilla and if desired, poppy seeds.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternating with yoghurt. Beat after each addition until combined.
- Transfer to prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes. Until cooked or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool.
Per Serve (1 slice): 607 kJ, carbohydrates 20g, protein 4g, total fat 6g (sat. fat 2g), fibre 5g, sodium 253mg, 43mg cholesterol, carb exchanges 1, fat exchanges 1
Glucology Store was born in Sydney Australia. Our mission is to help improve the lives of people living with diabetes by providing the best possible support products and information.
*Disclaimer: This email and its recipes are produced for informational purposes only. This website is not intended to cure, prevent, diagnose or treat any disease. Content should not be considered a substitute for professional medical advice, expertise or treatment. The reader assumes full responsibility for consulting a qualified health professional regarding health conditions or concerns, and before starting a new health program or diet. The writer(s) and publisher(s) of this site are not responsible for adverse reactions, effects, or consequences resulting from the use of any suggestions or recipes herein or procedures undertaken hereafter. This nutritional information comes from online calculators. IBD Medical attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, figures like estimated nutritional information for recipes contained on this website, calories, fat, carbs, etc. are provided as a courtesy and are not guaranteed to be accurate. The reader is solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information obtained is accurate. IBD Medical is not responsible for adverse reactions, consequences or effects, resulting from the use of any recipes or suggestions herein, or procedures undertaken hereafter. This email is not intended as nutritional advice and readers of this website are ultimately responsible for all decisions pertaining to their health. Customers concerned with food allergies need to be aware of the particular ingredients that are used in recipes.